Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to read a layout and form its constraint graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

revooridinesh

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am planning to do project on layout compaction, for this I need to know frst how the layouts are read ?

Please reply.................. are there any softwares used for this ?

Thank you

Not sure I understand the question but most GDS layout editors read the layout into their custom format in memory and manipulater them there, then save them back to GDS2 or Oasis etc.
If you look at the freeware KLAYOUT, it allows you to read in a GDS2 layout, then using the ruby language, manipulte the layout then save the layout as GDS2 or Oasis. There are several scripts in ruby on the klayout web site. To shrink a given layout would be moderately straight forward. The same could be done using Cadence script language.

thank you for the valuable information
bad thing is i am not aware of those softwares and I have time like 1 mnth and it is a course project
actually the project is frst we need to give the symbolic layout as input and then we need to convert that to constraint graph and then apply some compaction algorithm(like LPA, LIA WONG etc) on that constraint graph.
i guess we can do this with MATLAB or C giving input as the x,y coordinates of the layout symbols (of rectangles ) and their constraints. Other then using these languages is there any other method ?

Thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back