Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to put dummy transistors for input pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertt

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing the layout of a differential amplifier and considering put dummy transistors for the input pair which needs good matching.

How to deal with the dummy transistors? leave the Drain, Gate, Source open? I think dummy transistors will share drain or source with the input pairs. how to deal with the other two ends?

check book " the art of layout"

u shud ensure the same surrounding environment for perfect matching....
refer to "CMOS analog IC design" by B.Razavi

Hi,

You don't really need dummies on a diff pair as long as you are doing a common centroid layout.

Franck.

Can I leave the dummy open? that means dont connect the ends of the dummy transistors? or just connect some ends and leave other ends open?

one more question:

I put dummy resistors surrounded by nwell which connected to VDD. I connect to ends of dummy resistors to VDD but cound't pass the Extract. It showed there were errors. After I disconnected the ends of dummy with VDD, the errors disappeared. That means leave the dummy resistor open. Is that ok?

I think open drain is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back