How to prove Modulation Property in Discrete Time Fourier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amli

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
MATLAB Problem

Hi Everyone,
Is there anyone who knows how to prove the "Modulation Property" in Discrete Time Fourier Transform?

Re: MATLAB Problem

I am sure you can find it in any communication book.

MATLAB Problem

Very simple... Try out in matlab... U should see the carrier and the sidebands in the spectrum...

try plotting abs(fft(signal))... you will get the frequency spectrum of the signal...
this will clearly show you the side bands , carrier frequency... etc...

I m attaching a doc 4 u... it explained about all digtial modulation techniques..

it wil help u...

MATLAB Problem

see openhains dsp book

xulfee said:
see openhains dsp book

Please i want some help in using fdatool in matlab. I designed my filter but don't know how to apply it to my signal.

I do export the filter as an object or to workspace or as an SOS matrix, or even as an m-file. But i can't apply this filter to my original signal.
How can i get that.

Or if u suggest any other method for me to design a BPF and apply it to my signal.
I've really got confused.
Thanks in advance.

MATLAB Problem

Its very simple, after you design the filter in FDAtool. Go to file ->export-> Export As- Coefficients -> enter the variable name , default is "Num". use this variable as coefficents of your filter and use it.

MATLAB Problem

Sorry, now i have got coefficients of my filter, i.e (b & a) in the workspace.
It's a Cheby BPF, Which function should i better use to apply my filter:
filter, filter2, .... ,or what.
Thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.