Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to protect your code ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragabs

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i hear about stolen code.
how this can be done?
and how i protect my code.

Re: code protection

Choose microcontrollers with lock bits and your code will be 99.99999% safe.
This 0.00001% uncertainity covers very advanced professionals and I am pretty sure they will be hardly after your code ..
I know there will be people who will give you addresses to sites where some "experts" will claim they can extract your code, but don't believe in this bullshit .. it is not that easy ..
Regards,
IanP

thanks IanP
but can i ask what this bit do to protect code ?

code protection

while programming ur programmer carries a software which does have an option of locking the microcontroller. u have to choose this option and then programm ur chip.

The security lock ... prevents a programmer from reading the memory. In addition (8051-family), the security lock prevents the microcontroller from executing code on the expanded bus of Ports 0 and 2. Thus an attacker cannot add a memory and use MOVC instructions to would force the microcontroller to read out the contents of protected memory ...........
If a knowledgeable user were to physically erase the security bit in an EPROM-based microcontroller, the memory contents would remain to be read.
This quote is extracted from:
**broken link removed**
You can read more in the "Firmware security" section of this guide ..
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back