Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to protect uCs from noisy environments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What can you propose to protect noise sensitive devices like data acquisition circuits and microcontrollers from the noisy environments like where motor drives and similar devices are operating.

There are a lot of ways and components to do this.

Firstly there must be a very good pcb design using good enough ground planes and the apropriate type of trucks for the power supply, ground and signal tracks.

Also you could use low H coils or ferit beads, between the output of the voltage supply to the micro Vcc and to other units and also use this type of components in every external input signal to protect the circuit units from glitches.

I know that I was very generic, but if you will be more analytical I could give you more analytical suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.