Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to protect the copper traces from Oxidation after etching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarghz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

How to protect the copper traces from Oxidation after etching?
I know there we can tint it with tint-crystal, however that is not easy to get in my country.
Please advice if you know any method.
thanks

regards,
M.Kumar

By tint-crystal I assume you mean tin plating solution. That is probably best unless you can afford gold plating!

If you want to protect a board AFTER it has been assembled, I suggest HPA "conformal coating" which you can get in an aerosol can and works like transparent paint. It protects against oxidization and moisture and if necessary you can solder through it if repairs/modifications are needed. If you solder through it, the coating will be destroyed so that area will need re-painting afterwards for continued protection. It also glows in UV light so you can check for missed areas.

Brian.

Hello betwixt,
I'm very much appreciate to all the explanations your have given to me.

thanks

regards,
M.Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back