Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to protect firmware for PIC24?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_A_V_E

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I was looking for ways to protect my firmware for my pic24. I mean I have written some dsp functions and I would like to protect these.

Microchip and others have these .lib files were you can use specific functions. Is there some way to build these for my own functions? Or some otherway to create a "dll" for my algorithms??

I hope I have been specific enough.

Anyway thank you for your advice in advance.

Re: Protecting Firmware

If you are using the C30 compiler, in the build options on the 'ASM30/C30 Suite' tab, there is an option to 'Build library target' using LIB30.
If you select this option, your code will be compiled to a '*.lib' file. Your program doesn't need a 'main()' function if this option is selected.
You then just need to supply a header file for the function prototypes and point to your lib in the project window.
When your program that uses the lib is compiled, in will only link in the code that is used in the program.

Why are you not using Pic33?
This has a dsp core with 40 bit accumulators and instructions that support these type of functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.