Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to programe flash memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njfane

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
now i am woking on a board with a 8051 compatiable macrocontroller, there are two memroy space, OTP for bootstarp and flash memory for code storage. for the first step, I need write a bootstrap for OTP, I have finished the communication part with host using CAN bus, my problem is how to write the code into flash memroy, I know the flash need to be erased first and then write the code and verify, is there any special sequence to erase or write to flash? and is there any difference for flash form different company?

hi
u would need a compiler and an adapter that suits ur flash chip.
u can order or copy a compiler from Kiel.com. they provide a free demo version, and works fine if ur code is less than 2K. if its more u would have to purchase.
u write ur code in C or Assembly , compile it , and burn it in ur chip by placing ur chip in ur adapter and sending ur code to the adapter via PC port.

this doc is if u r using AVR flash has useful info.
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/...rl]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

and here is a link if u want to buit ur own EPROM programmer
**broken link removed**

thanks for your advice, I think I didn't explain the problem clearly.
what I want to do is to program flash in circuit, also called in system programming, that is downloading program through the CAN bus form PC to target, and then the bootstrap in OTP which resides in the target system will write these code to flash memory. I know how to downloading program through CAN bus.but I don't know how to write code in OTP to program flash memory.
hope it is more clear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.