Status
Not open for further replies.

IndiJones

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could anyone please provide any information on that! Thanks in advance!

Hi IndiJones,

A ROM device cannot be programmed by a user. Such devices are mask-programmed by the manufacturer and you have to buy a large amount of them (>10k..100k). In this case you have to send the manufacturer a HEX-file with the content you wish to have inside your ROM.
But perhaps you mean PROM/EPROM/FLASH devices? These ones can be programmed by the user using different kind of chip-programmers.

Bye

You don't HAVE to buy a large amount.

Masking charges are typically US$3000 to US$5000 and includes about 50 samples.

Sorry! I was talking about EEPROM

Hi IndiJones,

which EEPROM do yu want to program? Is it a 'real' EEPROM (byte-eraseable) or is it a FLASH? If you have a suggested type or application this could help.

Bye

Well I don't have anything specific in mind. I would like to know how these are programmed cause I may have to work on these things in the near future

don't need to worry a lot u have burners for that with corresponding software. u can view the hex code on the software and then u can program the ROM. secondly the ROM will be attached to some device say an intel or motorola processor. if u are writing code for that then pass the code through corresponding assembler or compiler creating hex file. this will be then loaded/ programmed in the ROM the software used by the burner/programmer, only u will have to load the hex file

Look here for example:
**broken link removed**

I think you will understand things better afterwards.

best regards

Hi IndiJones

I think you'd like to program these devices inside your circuit i.e. from a microcontroller. If this is the case, I'd look to use FLASH devices, because most of them don't need a special program timing like EPROM's do. A FLASH device can be accessed (for programming) as a simple memory. There also exist FLASH devices which won't need a higher programming voltage (look at AMD 29Fxxx family or 29LVxxx). To program a FLASH you have to write to special registers inside the chip. Look at the datasheet, you will also find flowcharts. Most manufacturers also offers assembly or C-code at their homepage which does the programming.

Bye

hi mr_ghz.

do you know if there is a cheap programmer for 29lv of tsop56? i have here 2 flashes and i need to program it but in order to buy a expensive programmer for only 2 flashes is not worth the effort!

tks

yeah i know that! that is willem! but only problem in that only able to program tsop48 and not tsop56!

this is major problem because i need somehitng for tsop56!!

It depend on what chip are you using. Most programmer support popular chip with a DIp socket. with other packaged you need a adapter. If you like a programmer but it doesn't sopport your chip, send them a chip and a spec sheet, they will be happy to develop the library for you. I used Xeltec programmer 10 years ago and they are very supportive
https://www.xeltek.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…