Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] how to program PIC18f4520 using JDM programmer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deexith Hasan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i tried to program PIC 18f4520 with JDM serial programmer from my desktop but got some errors how to solve it!!

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

These type of errors usually come when you PIC microcontroller is not inserted correctly in the programmer, or you have selected wrong configuration for your software, like you are using pic18f4520 but you selected pin18f452, so make sure these things and it will start working. If it doesn't solve the issue then try adding a capacitor between power supply of programmer.

To be honest, I don´t like the JDM topology once the voltage doubler that produce the RS-232 compatible supply seems to be often the root of the writing problem; I suffered a lot using this programer. There are alternative circuits with tiny changes that are more reliable than the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back