Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program PIC 16F877A so it identifies two other microcontrollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragondoc21

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all I am new here but need some help I need to program a PIC 16F877A to distinguish between two other PIC microcontrollers. I was thinking of using a bit to identify between each of the two PICS theywould ideally be connected wirelessley with a TX/RX pair at each PIC. Any ideas??

Re: PIC 16F877A

Hi
please explaine in more detail so we can help you
thanks

Well basiclly I am doing a project where I need to have a 2 rows with each 8 seats. What I want to do is use a 8 bit address to specify between the rows and seats. What I have so far is the seat addressed in 3 bit binary. The 8 bit binary I address I want to set up will give the last 3 bits identifying the seats. The 4th and 5th bit will be the row 1 or row 2. The 6th bit will be on or off and the last two bits are unassigned. So if seat 1 row 2 is on it will be 00110001. Seat 2 row 1 00101010.

PIC 16F877A

Program your receiving PIC to respond only to its corresponding bit, as you said either 4th or 5th bit.

Ok i have one row working completely now i need to see how to expand for two rows like what would i use a if else statement??? Can i send you my code so I can find out how to check two different rows. I really need help with the syntax more than anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.