Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program DS80C320?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sush

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
how do I Program DS80C320. do i need special programmer for this.
Thanx

ds80c320

The DS80C320 has no internal program memory ..
If you want to use it you will need to connect external EPROM (and RAM if required) ..
See picture below for an example of external program memory connection ..
Regards,
IanP

Attachments

• ds80c320_externamemory_203.gif
    ds80c320_externamemory_203.gif
    20.4 KB · Views: 227

how to programming ds80c320

how about the instruction set to program the DS80C320? my friend give me a DS80C320, he said it is not practical to use DS80C320, so he give it to me, and better i try to do something with it than i just keep it inside my case. please help me, what can i do with it? the appropriate application, where i can use it?

thank you :)

example flash code ds80c320

Instruction set is still valid but the code has to be "burned" to external program memory (ROM, EPROM or EEPROM) and 80C320 will fetch it from there ..
Regards,
IanP

Programing DS80C320

ianp that was really a good help. Actually i want a microcontroller which supports 8051 programming and is much faster than 89c51 (from atmel), so which one can i use???

Re: Programing DS80C320

Try DS89C430 .. DS89C450
**broken link removed**
To program FLASH memory (internal program memory) you don't need special programmer, and it can be done over PC serial port.
Just download the MTK tool from Maxim web site:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

Programing DS80C320

awesome!!! That was really really a good help Ianp. I tried download the ds87000.exe file, when i run it it gives "no Programmer found" why is it showing like this do i need to download some other file and what's MTK tool.

Microcontroller Tool Kit
Microcontroller Tool Kit (MTK) is a PC-based application in the programming and debugging of microcontrollers manufactured by Dallas Semiconductor. This software requires Windows 95 or more recent operating system, and an open COM port. It allows an embedded system designer to program and configure Dallas Semiconductor microcontrollers equipped with a ROM/bootstrap loader.
Download this 370K file ..
For some 8051 derivatives you need special programmer, for some others, including DS89C430/450, you don't need programmers. In the MKT file you will find picture on how to connect DS98CXXX microcontroller selected pins to be programmed through RS-232 port ..
Regards,
IanP

sush

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

PLEASE HELP!!!
my circuit is not working I've tried the 32Khz,6Mhz,10Mhz,27Mhz crystal but still not working....... Whats wrong with my design??
I am Using MTK2(ds89c430)programmer and my circuit is just simple a MAX242 directly Connected to TXD0,RXD0 and EA* is in VCC5+ with reset button to pin 9 all pins without connection was connected to a terminal blk. whats wrong with this my computer does'nt recognized it or detect it..

Jenard(TCUP) student

Status
Not open for further replies.