Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to program buffer so that it stores transmitted data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bukitoo

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Programing Buffers

Hi !!
I know thar usualy when data is being transmitted into a comm channel, is stored previously into a Buffer.
Now, I wonder that how can I program that ?

Thanks !

Re: Programing Buffers

I imagine one solution.
Maybe programming a little multitask kernel, then you can program 2 little proceses: the first could be the one which gives that buffer the data, and the second could be the one which sends the data from the buffer to the data sink (a modulator for example).

I didn´t implement it.... just and Idea

It is possible
but

What architecture are you talking about? Do you have timers, interrupts (most have i guess)
What kind of comm channel? UART, ...?

It shouldn't be that difficult to implement a Simple OS with an event queue and some API's to put data into a send buffer.
Then you can either use a timer to periodically check wheter there is something in the queue
or put an event and the queue and start a timer to periodically empty the queue
or put a new event in the queue after a byte/bit is send to send a new one when you have some time. (then you don't need interrupts but you won't have exact timing)
or

There are allot of possibilities and they depend on what exactly you want to have!

Antharax

In my Idea I think in use timers and interrupts.

This topic started in my mind long time ago when I started my last project at University. I designed a PIM modulator and I use a 8051 microcontroller at 24 Mhz for manage the data (I know, it's a very slow IC for that application but here in Argentina the isn't much availablility of ICs and they are very expensive). So I was thinking about using it top speed for sending data. At last I get a very slow transmission, but then I thought about that way of program the buffer, and I posted it.

bye bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back