Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to produce a sinewave between -2.5V and +2.5V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sinewave help needed!

I can produce a sinewave with an amplitude between 0v and 5v. How would I change this to be between -2.5v and +2.5v (or better, -5v and +5v)?

Sputnik :idea:

Re: Sinewave help needed!

by just adding -2.5 volt to ur sine wave
to get the-5 to 5 volts
just add an amplifier with gain of 2 after the previous sinewave output

If you don't need other amplitude than +2.5 and - 2.5V, just use a capacitor on the output..you can select the value of capacitance to be less then, say, 1Ω, at the lowest frequency (Xc=ωC)..

If you need others:
First of all, you have to supply your op-amo with +/- voltages (for example +/-8V or more).
From the stage where you generated 0-5V sine wave use a capacitor to cut-off any dc component.
Now design single stage op-amp amplifier, supplied from +V and -V, which will have fixed or variable gain,.....

Sinewave help needed!

First of all, u must have a negative power supply.
Then u just change the common mode voltage to 0 and amplify the sinewave u got before.

Sinewave help needed!

Sorry to be so stoopid, but I've searched and I can't find what I need. Could I please have some links or schematics regarding negative power supplies and op-amps (and how do you "add" -2.5v to a circuit?)

Sorry for the spoon feeding!
Sputnik :idea:

Easiest way of generating negative voltages from positive is to use charge pump inverter.
For low voltages you may consider ICL7660. It requires only one external capacitor and operates from 1.5V to 10V as Vinput. Vout = -Vin.
**broken link removed**

Maybe you can use AC coupleing circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.