Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to produce 21 volts from 3.6V

Status
Not open for further replies.

suncq

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I found the product from the web ,battery powered remotely programmable GSM/GPRS/SMS telemetry unit. It uses 3.6 volts 14.5Ah battery. when for externel sensor, it produce Sensor excitation, 21 volts, at 200mA. Dose anyone know how to do that.
thanks!
suncq@126.com

Look up inductive step-up converters. They are also called "boost" converters.

Maxim had published a nice app note "An Introduction to Switch-Mode Power Supplies" **broken link removed** . it describes the principles of operation of boost converters (among others).

One option is discussed by kender, which is a boost converter. Other option is the self oscillator circuit, in which a small transformer (ofcourse ferrite) is self oscillated with one or two windings and produces a square wave stream, which can be rectified and regulated.

thanks all of you. I think TekUT's reply maybe solve my question. I will get a TPS61080 to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back