Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to process mif file in modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhuoyue

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim mif

now ,i use altera device block ram as a rom,my init data in mif file ,
but now ,if want to simulate the design in modelsim,how to process mif file, what should i do?

thank a lots
zhuoyue

modelsim mif files

MIF file is something like text file with its own data format, you can treat it like text file IO.

.mif modelsim

u may compile the sram with the quartus or maxplusII. In the procedure of the compile , u may indicate the file mif.

mif modelsim

Solution
The ModelSim tool does not support the memory initialization file (.mif) format and requires you to generate a .hex file as specified in 1430.html. Once you have the initial memory contents specified in the .hex format, please note the following:

If you are simulating in a VHDL environment, the ModelSim tool will automatically reference the .hex file you have created and no additional steps are required.

If you are simulating in a Verilog environment, the ModelSim tool requires an additional .dll file that is included with the Quartus II software. To use this .dll file, please take the following steps:
Open the modelsim.ini file (Make sure to open the copy that the ModelSim tool is currently using. If you have a modelsim.ini in your project directory, that file will be used.)
Search for the following lines:
; List of dynamically loaded objects for Verilog PLI applications
; Veriuser = veriuser.sl

Remove the semicolon (;) from the "Veriuser" line and point to the location of the .dll file as follows:
Veriuser = \eda\mentor\modelsim\convert_hex2ver.dll
Save the changes, close the. INI file and re-start the ModelSim tool.
Note: if you are unable to save the changes, please make sure to change the permissions on the modelsim.ini file from the Properties menu.

modelsim mif file

you can complie the source(it includes block ram),when output *.vo file ,you can simulater the vo file without sdf file in modelsim,it can work!

.mif to .hex

to zhuoyue:
Solution
"The ModelSim tool does not support the memory initialization file (.mif) format and requires you to generate a .hex file as specified in 1430.html. Once you have the initial memory contents specified in the .hex format, please note the following:"

how can i generate this .hex file from .mif file?

mif file in modelsim

To turn a .mif into .hex just open the .mif in Quartus II, then save the file as a .hex and Quartus II will do the conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back