Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to print pcb files of protel dxp 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmli1976

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
access violation ad2kregp.dll

I have using the command of "file->print",but it allway print the pcb file enlarging it to A4 size?
How can I print pcb circuits in term of sizes I have set the pcb board?
Thanks.

pcb printing

You have to go File->Page Setup and change the properties to 'scaled print' 1.0. Also, the printing is a bit buggy in DXP 2004, so when you want to print, make sure you go to page setup, select the properties, and then hit print from that dialog directly. Should work.

xmli1976

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
print pcb

Hi friends

Does anyone know How to print 3D view from Protel. Every time when I'm hitting Print from 3D Viewer it shows "Access Violation at xxxxxx, AD2KreGP.DLL, Exception Occurred in PrintDocument". Am I doing something wrong ?

One solution is to use Print Screen in Windows, but I would like to print it from Protel.

Cheers

pcb printing files

mhmhmh said:
Hi friends

Does anyone know How to print 3D view from P*otel. Every time when I'm hitting Print from 3D Viewer it shows "Access Violation at xxxxxx, AD2KreGP.DLL, Exception Occurred in PrintDocument". Am I doing something wrong ?

One solution is to use Print Screen in Windows, but I would like to print it from P*otel.

Cheers

Here's the official explanation from Altium:

Query: Why does an error message occur when I generate a 3D image of my PCB and then the 3D image appears and Protel crashes?

Details: Design Explorer Information dialog appears:

"Board boundary is incomplete - calculated boundary will be used. Check that the boundary on the keep out layer is closed, with track ends touching at their centers."

Answer: Protel 3D viewer must see a keepout boundary to house all other primitives inside it including mechanical tracks, if a mechanical track for example is used as a boundary to house all primitives inside then Protel will see this as an incomplete boundary, even though there is a keepout boundary already defined inside it, the CAM viewer will only display and generate a 3D image for all primitive inside a keepout.

The 3D viewer is built around an OpenGL-based rendering engine, a standard graphics language supported by most graphic cards. Make sure your video card is OpenGL compliant.

dxp 3d

sjm said:
Here's the official explanation from @ltium:
This is explanation for other problem, not mine

sjm said:
Query: Why does an error message occur when I generate a 3D image of my PCB and then the 3D image appears and P*otel crashes?
I don't have any problems with generating 3D view from PCB. It goes without any errors. I have only problems with printing from 3D viewer

sjm said:
Details: Design Explorer Information dialog appears:

"Board boundary is incomplete - calculated boundary will be used. Check that the boundary on the keep out layer is closed, with track ends touching at their centers."

Answer: P*otel 3D viewer must see a keepout boundary to house all other primitives inside it including mechanical tracks, if a mechanical track for example is used as a boundary to house all primitives inside then P*otel will see this as an incomplete boundary, even though there is a keepout boundary already defined inside it, the CAM viewer will only display and generate a 3D image for all primitive inside a keepout.
Yes, Keepout boundary of my PCB is correct.
sjm said:
The 3D viewer is built around an OpenGL-based rendering engine, a standard graphics language supported by most graphic cards. Make sure your video card is OpenGL compliant.
Yes, I have much faster OpenGL card, than Protel needs.

Hmmm, maybe using "Print Screen" is only workable solution for me.

Cheers

protel dxp viewer

DXP 2004

File - Page Setup ----- "Scaling mode" Scale Print and Scale 1.00

Color Set ---Mono wtih laser printer

In ADVENCED for print top layer and botton layer

Important: HOLES SELECT

Best Regads

Jose
IBIZA

xmli1976

Helpful Answer Positive Rating