Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to print PADS files to show drill hole with white disk??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee_freak

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
How can I print PADS or gerber files to show through hole pads in donut form? I mean that I want to have the drill hole left unprint so that it'll look like a white disk in black donut pad. I want to have some single size PCB made by my local shop and they need that holes for their manual process visualization. I currently using PADS,CAM350 and GC-Prevue.

BTW I just realize that my english was that bad :p . If anyone can't understand what I said please let me know. I will try again.

i use gcprevue 8.12 :

load drill file and make an aperture file with many many many similar tools with by exemple .3 mm
load normal gerber files with normal aperture list

overwrite the drill file with the first aperture list and make this as composite

after you can see dark drills on pads and not the little cross .. and printing the layers with white drills on pads

if you have a problem , i can upload an exemple

6 * F

Load the design file(s) to CAM350 and replace round apertures with donuts of the same size. If there are too many apertures, write a simple macro to do the job.

Use C*A*M 3/5/0 and generate composites from gerber data and NC data.

You mean powerpcb?

in the decal editor, set plated off and change the settings in CAM.

Hi,

I also couldnt print pads with holes.I asked here few times but some friends told it me too complex.Can somebody help me about it?

Analyzer.

It does not work in powerPCB. I set plated off and change the settings in cam. Pads stil prints terminals without a hole or blank spot.

Do i stil something wrong? Can some help?

Thanks,
Mart

I found a solution for round shapes. Edit decal, select terminal, select parameters --> annular. Fill in inner diameter.
CAM prints then a blank hole. It only works for tound shapes. Thats :x , i have square shapes in mine design.

Greetings,
Mart

HI,im using PADS 2007 now, and having the same problem but still cant fix it, which cant see the white hole for drilling ....can someone help plz? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back