Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to print Eagle PCB in negative mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkok85_oi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to print pcb

Hello, friends.. I am using Eagle 5.0.0 light version. May i know how to print PCB in negative mode? because in default Eagle allows me to print in positive mode only.

print negative eagle

What is the reason to print negative mode? And which layer are you trying to print?

eagle negative

Thanks much Johnson for reply:D and sorry i reply late because i have been in offline due to i had been in hometown and no computer there and just back hostel that can online. I attach the positive and negative films as here, but i only know how to use eagle to print positive while have no idea for negative film. My routes are bottom layer only to be printed.
I need do negative film because my school only allows PCB fabrication for negative and i know using positive film requires PCB and developer different than negative. Thanks again Johnson.

how to print eagle

chkok85_oi said:
Thanks much Johnson for reply:D and sorry i reply late because i have been in offline due to i had been in hometown and no computer there and just back hostel that can online. I attach the positive and negative films as here, but i only know how to use eagle to print positive while have no idea for negative film. My routes are bottom layer only to be printed.
I need do negative film because my school only allows PCB fabrication for negative and i know using positive film requires PCB and developer different than negative. Thanks again Johnson.
you please upload the set of files brd and sch so that we could help you with a negative in pdf

Sarma

eagle pcb printing negative

Thanks much Sarma:D This is my .sch and .brd files.

how to print on eagle

While running Eagle choose the CAM icon. In the window it opens choose PS_INVERTED as the output file type and create your output files. They can be easily opened and printed using CorelDraw with no loss in quality. You can also invert any .ps file using Corel with high quality.

how to print on pcb

I just know how 2 have negative film of PCB drawn using EAGLE... just click as follows: File=> export => image => monochrom => save file as , then can see it...

eagle pcb negative mode

Hi chkok85. This works but doesn´t preserv sizing and seems to be a low quality bmp file. The .ps files are almost perfect, preserv sizing and also preserv their structure (lines, circles,etc..), so they can be easily edited under CorelDraw.

eagle pcb negative

There is a way to do this perfectly with eagle.

look at this thread.

I am using eagle 5.6.0 and usually print my circuit on thin while paper, preferably in pdf format, it helps me double check my work before i make the final negative. Keep in mind that PDF prints the image at 94% of its actual size, so I scaled my print with 1.0683 with i find is sufficient to compensate for pdf resizing the image by 94%.

Once I've have the positive image on paper, I make contact negative image using a negative fast film I got from **broken link removed**.

You will also need a UV source to expose the image to the film. After the film has been exposed, then you can use the negative resist developer ER 8 to develop your negative. All you need to do is let it dry.

You can also order the ER 8 at the same place.

You can also get the negative resist spray for pc boards if you cannot find one that already sensitize.

For the negative resist for pc boards, you can also use the ER-8 to develop the pc board image.

[/url]

There is a way to print negative mode PCB perfectly with eagle.
look at this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back