Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to prepare to get a placement in a good company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pratham089

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello, i just completed 3rd year.I want to get placed in core companies like john deere/texas etc.
i want to ask what sort of technical preparation should i do,or which books should i read..?

Re: Regarding prepartion

First of all you must decide what sort of thing you want to do, i.e. Chip design, remote control, high voltage power supplies. . . Once you have settled on a line then figure out which company would best make use of your services, then read all the books, magazines, trade articles about these companies and YOUR SPECIALITY subject. This does not preclude you for trying to get a job with another company in a different line, but it will at least demonstrate that you know something about something and you are not just an exam passer. Also there are more companies making more stuff then you can research in an average lifetime and until you see the advert you will not know what different lines a company may try to get into. So a garden tool maker may want to try a high voltage weed electrocutor or some such gizmo, if you know about HV then you could get a job, but I bet you would not think of applying to them at first.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.