Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to power up micro controller with car battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

aameer

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,
i have made an project to dislay the time on 2*16 LCD with pic 16f877a.it is working fine with 12v dc adapter(input ac 230v) which is converted into dc by LM7805 and a .01uf capacitor. it is working fine and LM7805 is also normal.
Now i am planning to place this unit in car. so to power up this board shall i connect the car battery mains(which is also 12v) directly to the unit or shall i need to build any precaution circuit for it.
Please guide me..

With Regards
Aameer

You may power it up directly, but you may add this to isolate the microcontroller circuit from the +12V line and other circuitry/devices running off it. It will be better.

2324508700_1351677756.png

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks Thamid... i will check it out shall i use lm7805 regulator with heat sink

Yes, 7805 is okay. You should use a heatsink, the size of which will depend on the current. If current is <200mA, however, you may not need to use a heatsink. However, it is still good practice to use a small heatsink.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks and i will check the output and contact you

Include a series inductor to filter the ignition and high frequency noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back