Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot waveforms from HSpice into a jpg format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabi71ro

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to plot out some waveforms obtained with hspice, in jpg or other image format, without openning a waveform viewer.
I find 2 issues here:
- .PLOT tran <signal_name> statment from simulation files, still allow hspice to put all signals in tr files, and I need that these output files to contain only the needed signals.
- what tool (sandwork, cscope....) can be used in a script command like:
tool -file netlist.spi -signal mysignal -out mysignal.jpg
Of course, the switches can be differen....
Can somebody to help me with this, please?
I need this ASAP.....

Enjoy

jpg for waveform

Try the PRINTSCREEN button on your keyboard.
After pressing PRINTSCREEN,open paint program and click edit and paste.You will then have your graph in jpeg or gif or bmp or anything you like

jpg for waveform

I guess gabi71ro is not seeking such a tool as PRINTSCEEN does. If so, awaves and other wave display tools can generate postscript file better than PRINTSCREEN does. Postscript file can be converted to jpeg.

Re: jpg for waveform

Hughes said:
I guess gabi71ro is not seeking such a tool as PRINTSCEEN does. If so, awaves and other wave display tools can generate postscript file better than PRINTSCREEN does. Postscript file can be converted to jpeg.
Hi all, and thanks.
Actually I don't want to open any tool like awaves, sandwork, cscope or other.....
I need to run a script which call in bash a tool that can convert some specified signals from tr0 files in bitmap, tiff, png or jpg, without opening the graphical interfece.
This is what I need.....
Whatever, thanks for unswers.
Gabriel.

Enjoy!
[/u]

jpg for waveform

Maybe GNU's tool gwave can do such a job. I know it supports guile script, but I don't know how to write such a script file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back