Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot the e-field along a line in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

oahsen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a very very simple geometry in hfss. It consists of a big box, whose material is air, and nothing else. I am giving a plane wave whose Eo vector is 1V/m and at X-direction and k vector is at Z-direction.

I am trying to plot e-field along lines. So I am drawing a line along x axes and after simulating, I use"hfss-results-create repor-report type=field; then I select geometry-polyline1(which is my line along x-axes); then I select calculator expressions-Mag_E then I push add trace and done.

Now I am expecting a cosine graph whose amplitude is about 1V/m. However, I obtain a totally irrelevant graph which has E-values about 0.00015. Then I draw lines along y- and z- axes and see similar irrelevant graphs.

I couldn't give a meaning to that. What am i doing wrong? Should I use a different method for drawing e-field along a line ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back