Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot the current of the on-chip resistor after doing the post-sim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allennlowaton

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello EDA fellows,
I've been doing a post layout simulation (post-sim) of a current reference (constant Gm) lately.
I have this problem on how to display on the Awaves of Hspice the current of the on-chip resistor.

This is the result for the resistor after PEX:
XR41 N_6_R41_pos N_BIAS1_R41_neg rnwod w=3e-06 l=5.27e-05

Thank you.

allennlowaton,

Try to import netlist to schematic editor and simulate it.

thanks AlexD...Yes, I did transferred the PEX on the HSPICE and modify it for simulation. My question now is what parameter should I put on the .print i(****) for displaying the current?
I only have this PEX result for the resistor.

allennlowaton,
that tool you used for pex? Do you simulate netlist from command line or from cadence gui?

Alex

I used Cadence Virtuoso. After PEX, the resulting pex and netlist files are used for HSPICE.

allennlowaton,
From calibre pex choose the output netlist format as calibreview instead of hspice. after that virtuoso schematic will be generated. Then run hspice from ADE and select interested current.

if there is no possibility to change the format of the PEX netlist, you have to select (in command script) currents to save and plot (read hspice comand reference).

Best Reguards

thanks Alex. I did what you have just said. The problem now is I don't know how to fill in the correct info at the Calibre View Set-up. That's the reason I can't produce the schematic after PEX.
Another thing, "run HSpice from ADE"? I don't know to do it. What is ADE? where can I find?

allennlowaton,
From the calibre menu go to OUTPUTS and change output format to calibreview.

"run HSpice from ADE" i mean to launch Analog Design Environment from Virtuoso schematic editor(Tools->Analog Enviromnment).

Best Reguards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back