Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot spectrum of two tone analysis of mixer in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

jignesh_prajapati

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i m designing mixer for that i need to plot spectrum of two tone analysis(3rd order products).i want to see the 3rd order harmonics with desired signal in frequency domain in cadence spectre please help

PSS or HB analysis will give you all possible harmonic contents at the output.

PSS or HB analysis will give you all possible harmonic contents at the output.

ya PSS is giving but in two tone we have to apply RF, LO together with second tone. so if i m using only pss than i cant apply second tone so for that i m doing qpas analysis , but output spectrum with this 3d oder harmonic together with other harmonics is not generated

ya PSS is giving but in two tone we have to apply RF, LO together with second tone. so if i m using only pss than i cant apply second tone so for that i m doing qpas analysis , but output spectrum with this 3d oder harmonic together with other harmonics is not generated
Why ?? If you do HB, the common beat will be calculated and 3rd order IMD will be a harmonic of this common beat.
For instance RF=1GHz LO1.1GHz the common beat will in this case 100MHz.TOI component will be 2*RF-LO=900MHz or 2*LO-RF=1.2GHz..
All possible beats are multiple of common beat.

no no in two tone analysis for calculating iip3 in mixer two input tone one is RF(w1)& second is very close to RF(w2) is applied together with LO signal. So output will contain (2*w1-w2)-Lo & (2*w2-w1)-LO. If i m applying 3.48GHz LO signal,i need to plot spectrum of all possible harmonics. i.e. in this case (20MHz,40MHz,60MHz) etc. with tone tone analysis output of 18.9M & 21.1MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back