Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to plot impedance (Z), Re(Z), Im(Z), and conductance based on Scattering parameters (S-Parameters) in Advanced Design System (ADS).

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundrous

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am wondering how can I plot impedance (Z), Re(Z), Im(Z), and conductance based on Scattering parameters (S-Parameters) in Advanced Design System (ADS).

Should I calculate the variables by the related equation to s-parameters (e.g for impedance Z=(1+S11)/(1-S11)) and then plot the equation? or does the software have a function to plot each of the variables based on the s parameters?

As PlanarMetamaterials already mentioned, you can use function stoz(S) to create Z-parameters from the S-Parameter result in data display.

If your dataset is created from schemtic, you can also enable Y and Z -parameter outout in the S-Paremeter controller options.

Attachments

• stoz.PNG
    stoz.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 222

If you look at the screenshot in my post, it also included calculation of C from Z.
For real part and imaginary part it's function real() and imag(). You might want to look at online help and examples also.

@volker@muehlhaus Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. Would you also please tell me how can I calculate and plot the permittivity? Does it have any specific function in ADS?

Would you also please tell me how can I calculate and plot the permittivity? Does it have any specific function in ADS?

You mean that permittivity=magic(S) function?

There is no simple dependency between S-parameters and permittivity. You need to understand your setup/geometry and results to solve that. The forum can help on ADS-specific questions, but not do your entire homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back