Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot HD3(dB) vs Pin(dbm) in Cadence spectre RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachuns123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To characterise linearity how to obtain third order harmonic distortion vs Input power(dBm)

I did PSS simulation,I can obtain total harmonic distrortion THD VS input power.But how to obtain HD3,third order harmonic distortion.It is different from IIP3 rite

I did PSS simulation,I can obtain total harmonic distrortion THD VS input power.
But how to obtain HD3,third order harmonic distortion.
It is different from IIP3 rite
Do one tone PSS analysis.

Evaluate P3rd_out or Pfund_out-P3rd_out, although I don't know what you mean by "HD3".

Last edited:

I did PSS analysis and obtained power spectrum.3 RD order harmonic is obtained ,HD3=1/4(A3/A1) A3 AMPLITUDE OF 3rd order harmonic.A1,amplitude of fundamental.. How the harmonic amplitude can be plotted against input signal power,since in power spectrum its plotted against frequency.

How the harmonic amplitude can be plotted against input signal power,
since in power spectrum its plotted against frequency.
Use harmonic() function.

Attachments

• 180622-192957.png
    180622-192957.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 189

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back