Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to plot (gm/Id) vs Id/Is for aMOS device

Status
Not open for further replies.

antaryami.mt.er09

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For a device in subthreshold region (gm/Id) vs (Id/Is) curve is reqd...
can anyone plz help me how to do this in CADENCE and the x-axis should extend to pico range .............
THANKS

You can draw this curve by running a DC analysis (swept the Id current). Suppose you want to plot the curve of M1, you need write a file like this:
save M1:eek:pponent

Then you should include this file in your lib. After running the DC analysis, you can see the gm vs I'd curve in simulation results.

You can draw this curve by running a DC analysis (swept the Id current). Suppose you want to plot the curve of M1, you need write a file like this:

Then you should include this file in your lib. After running the DC analysis, you can see the gm vs I'd curve in simulation results.

are u talking about doing this in CADENCE

Hi antaryami.mt.er09,

The procedure described by refugee above is performed for cadence environment as you ask for.You will create this file and from ADE L menu you will insert it in your Model Libraries files and then from Results Browser (of ADE L) and some combinations of plots you will achieve the one you want.Give it a try,it is not such a trivial!

Regards,
Jimito13

Hi antaryami.mt.er09

What Is stands for? source current?
Please, What is the variable that you wish to plot in your x-axis?

Hi antaryami.mt.er09

What Is stands for? source current?
Please, What is the variable that you wish to plot in your x-axis?

Is stands for the specific current=2.η.β.(k.T/e)^2
in the x-axis i want (Id/Is) and in y-axis (gm/Id) and x- axis should be in logarithmic(it should
start from pico level).....
THANKS

Please elaborate it.which file, where ?

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

where can i write the file and how i don't know
plz help

Hi
I suppose i understand your question. If not - correct me.
We have the following test circuit:

Perform DC sweep, save and plot drain current:

Then ib calculator plot gm (plot, not erplot):

Then in waveform window go to Options->X axis -> Plot vs. and change independent variable to /N0/D(drain current in my picture)
The resulting plot:

Suppose that's you want.
Regards.

What is exactly the fatal (!) error you get?Upload a screenshot of the error so that somebody can help you.Providing so little info for your problems means that nobody can help you,unless he is a magician ;-)

What is exactly the fatal (!) error you get?Upload a screenshot of the error so that somebody can help you.Providing so little info for your problems means that nobody can help you,unless he is a magician ;-)

ok i'm attaching the file
it is showing " unexpected operator * .Expected end of file or end of line.

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.png
    Screenshot-1.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 110

Well this is a bug of older versions of MMSIM...What version do you use? Try to upgrade to MMSIM 7 to solve this.

There isn't anybody that knows everything in advance and before make some effort to get into the things of this science...By reading,asking (here or anywhere else),trying etc. you will earn the experience ;-)

There isn't anybody that knows everything in advance and before make some effort to get into the things of this science...By reading,asking (here or anywhere else),trying etc. you will earn the experience ;-)

Infact i've tried i think it's BSIM3...
ok thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back