Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot BER manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chethan Chethu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one temme how to plot BER for a 3x3 matrix input and output. I have got BER values using simulink but i need to calculate and plot manually for a small matrix input. please help me out........

Input matrix - output matrix = error matrix

Number of non zero elements in the error matrix gives you the number of errors.

Divide this number by the total number of elements in the matrix to get the BER.

Thank you greygoo, i have another doubt regarding to IP cores.. is there any IP's in Xilinx for Vga interface with FPGA for an rgb image.?? if not can you help me with any RTL block diagram or verilog code for vga interface.??
please help me out.....

I'm sorry. I'm not skilled in Verilog/VHDL.

thank you for d help in BER.. But wat bout the formula BER= erfc(sqrt(Eb/No))..?? how do we calculate using dat formula.? what is d errorfunction(erfc) in dat.?

Using the erfc for calculating BER is just theoretical. You don't need to run a Tx-Rx MATLAB simulation for that. Also, it depends on what modulation scheme you are using.

ok thank you greygoo, how bout PSNR calculations for a matrix, eg: 3x3 matrix(input and output)..?? n wat is the concept regarding AWGN(white noise)..?? do they use any pseudo random generators to generate the noise.??

Using the erfc for calculating BER is just theoretical. You don't need to run a Tx-Rx MATLAB simulation for that. Also, it depends on what modulation scheme you are using.

ok thank you greygoo, how bout PSNR calculations for a matrix, eg: 3x3 matrix(input and output)..?? n wat is the concept regarding AWGN(white noise)..?? do they use any pseudo random generators to generate the noise.??

For communications purposes, you usually use SNR and not PSNR. For AWGN, you can use the awgn() function of MATLAB and in which case you get to specify your SNR.

Status
Not open for further replies.