Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to pause a hspice simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Qi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hspice pause

Dear All,
Anyone knows how to pause a hspice simulation?
Also, I sometimes need pause a simultion, shut down the machine, restart the machine several hours later, then go on the paused simulation from the break point. Is it possible?

Thanks
Robert

you can save all operation point in a file, and load this file when continue run.
please search .save and .load in Hspice manual.

good luck!

saveoperation and then load this file

Dear All,
I browsed Hspice manual for .save and .load commands, and tried them.
But the commands can only let the simulation skip OP calculation step. Simulation starts from the zero time point again. But I expect it start from the break point.
Anyone can tell the details?
Thanks
Robert

As I know, hspice doesn't has the function. But hsim has, refer to .store and .restore statement in hsim manual.

Hspice doesn't support this feature.
Btw, is there any setting that hspice can abort automatically in case the result file is too large, ie 2G?

As per my knowledge, hspice don't have that option. it always starts from zero time. It gives a pop up window if the file size is too large than the available disk size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back