Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to parse parameters to a subsircuit in Cohesion6

Status
Not open for further replies.

z17us

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parameter nfing versus ng

Hi,

For some time I am trying to use Cohesion6 schematic capture. But now I have the following problem. In the model libraries I have the transistors (and most of the other devices) are represented by subcircuits. That means that in the generated netlist the description of a single MOST should be something like:

XM1 D G S B MOS_SUBS_MODEL W=4u L=1u M=1 G=2

Here M is multiplication factor and G is the number of gates per device. In the symbol all the attributes are defined properly (I believe, so) and they appear in the schematic properly. But in the Schematic if I use the prefix X, than everything after MOS_SUBS_MODEL is missing. But if I use the prefix M, than W, L and M appear, but not G. And in this case I should insert X in front of each device definition (manually or not). So, generally it looks to me that something is wrong with parsing the symbol atributes to the netlist. I have the same problem with the resistors and the capacitors.

I tried to find the answer in the Help files I have, but without success. I will appreciate if anyone could give me a hint!

Thanks a lot!

The SpiceLine and SpiceLine2 property container should be defined with your parameter list for the subcircuit call

Thx rfsystem,

I have tried it, but it did not work. In the netlist now I have W and L names instead of their values. Actually what I need at the end is something like:

XMN1 ND NG NS NB nmos W=1u L=0.35u M=1 NFING=2

and to have what I need in SpiceLine I should have:

W=1u L=0.35u M=1 NFING=2

but I was wondering if it's possible for the netlister to take the proper values from the W, L, M and NFING attributes and to fill the proper places in the SpiceLine attribute. Is it possible at all? I know it is possible with the most of the other products.

Bye.

You should enter prefixes to your attributes to tell the netlister as well as the schematic system (uniqe in cohesion) to derive or calculate the attributes. Possible attributes are global, symbol, parent, child, net, etc. Please take a look into the application notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back