Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to overcome setup time violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutykat

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to know what needs to be done when there is a setup time violation.
How can it be set right ?
Thanks,

time violation

Hi,

I might be able to help. But, if you could be more specific about the problem you are seeing and where in the design phase you are in, it would allow me to provide a better, focused answer.

fixing the setup time violation

Set up time violation,

Use High effort option in the synthesis tool, if it is not helpful then, try to reduce the input delay for the flipflop by appropriate coding and design.

regards
Raghu

setup time violations

last chance is reducing the clock frequency.

how setup time violation

If you are going to reduce the clock frequency instead of fixing the input delay,
then watch out your hold time first.

set up time violations

This is a kind of broad question.
If area is not a concern then you can use a driving cell with high driving capacity.
Most of the designing tools results are specific to the coding style. Somtimes changing coding style may achieve better timing.
Could you tell me the exact problem:?:

setup timing violations

Proper Constrainig depending on the Tool might help or chage the design if the currebt frequency has to be met

ff setup high violation

First let the tools synthesize the design with higher effort, if it doesn't work you'll have to go back to modify your RTL code. To break the worst path into 2 parts by inserting a FF in the middle, or, just latch some signal before using it if the it's ok with your logic.

setup timing voilation

you may ask your backend team also, sometimes they can help you fix the violations on the layout side

how to fix setup time violation

it depends on which design phase you are in. In pre layout phase, synthesis tool running with a high effort may resolve the prolbem, logic change can do it too.
If postlayout, you may need to move cells, sizing up cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back