Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to open a .rar file on Linux ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIC_intl

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

How to open a .rar file? How to make it exempt of .rar first?

.rar file

hello its very easy u need to install just one software named winrar. u can easyly get it form download.com website.
best luck

Re: .rar file

I downloaded. There is a exe file in my directory now. I have Linux operating system. How to proceed to open the .rar file now. Please let me know the step by step command.

ASIC_intl said:
I downloaded. There is a exe file in my directory now. I have Linux operating system. How to proceed to open the .rar file now. Please let me know the step by step command.

Download the version that goes with your OS. Then Install the tool.

.rar file

ASIC_intl, you should have stated before that your operating system is Linux. Winrar is for Windows, you cannot use winrar in Linux, though rarlab has other alternatives. Personally I use another one called "unrar" which is a command line program. you may give it a try. Check this site and install the one that suits to your OS:

https://www.rarlab.com/rar_add.htm

You cannot open it with winrar in linux . So the best way is to unrar it on windows and then iport in on linux by making the windows partition available in linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back