Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to obtain the frequency domain view of BPSK signal in Simulink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is a simulink model for BPSK modulator. The output seems fine. Now I want to see the BPSK spectrum. I'm not able to obtain the frequency domain view of BPSK signal. HOw do I do that?

Regards
M

Re: BPSK in Simulink

I hope it would be helpfull, green blocks are the ones that I modified.

Hi magnetra,

I cannot run your model file, I get the following error message? What version of MATLAB are you use? Do you know how to solve the error? Thank you!!

==================================================
Error in 'BPSK/Bernoulli Binary Generator': Initialization commands cannot be evaluated. MATLAB error message: Error using ==> set_param
Error reported by S-function 'sdsprandsrc2' in 'BPSK/Bernoulli Binary Generator/Random Source':
Unable to checkout a license for the Signal Processing Blockset.
==================================================

Communications_Engineer said:
I've uploaded it there
Sorry, where is it? Thank you.

I am stuck in a similar situation. I have to simulate BPSk modulation scheme in simulink and compare bit error rate(BER) and EbNo. The problem is that i need multiple values specifying Ebno in the AWGN channel blockset which i am unable to do so that i can compare them with the generated error rates. I am using a Bernouli Function generator as the input followed by BPSK modulation and AWGN channel. Help needed guys.

@ Delta:

Option 1: Configure the BERtool and use it : slightly complex if you haven't done it before

Option 2: Put one value of EbNo, take out the BER and put another value. Follow suit until BER is calculated at all values

@Communication Engineer:

Option 2: Not viable.That could have been done but certainly not the way it should be done.
Option 1: What effect would the configuration of BER tool have even if the input is still the same? I have seen m-files where they have generated similar graphs but simulink is where the problem arises.....

Status
Not open for further replies.