Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to obtain pixel values to fpga memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

vny

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
i want to know how to obtain the pixel values to fpga so that i can process it thru my program written in verilog

vny

details? vague? difficult to help based on information given?

Reactions: vny

vny

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,
am sorry for the delay in reply .here are the details.
i am currently doing a project in verilog where i need to obtain pixels values from an image and use these values to calculate 2d dct. I am plannig to do in fpga .either virtex 4 or spartan 3.
so i need to load an image in fpga .convert it to pixel values .and obtain the values from fpga to the code i have written and calculate the dct values .for the first three steps ie loadinf ,converion to pixel and acceisng it to program , i need help.

Is it possible to read the values from a text file in memory of fpga to program and then process it

right now the values that am provinding is thru testbech and want to do it from scratch.

regards
vinitha

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

also is it possible to laod images in spartan 3?

Hi,

Which type of image you are loading means is it a single image or a video...?

If its a single image which format you are using,..?

If its a video which format you are using like VGA, ITU, etc..?

Usually we are representing the PIXEL value in 8 bit , 16 bit, 24 bit or in 32 bit format of the RGB values...
So for each pixel there corresponds to an RGB value (can be in 8, 16, 24 or 32 bit format...)

Usually we are not loaded the full frame image in to our FPGA, because the memory required is high..

If you have an external memory you can either keep the load the image in that memory in its RGB format.Or you can load the image in line by line or two or more line by line,... Thus we can keep these range of Pixel values in a fifo or can use a DPRAM and you can make the DCT from these pixel values...

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

These are the RGB values if you are deal with a 24 bit pixel format

https://kb.iu.edu/data/aetf.html

Reactions: vny

vny

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back