Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to move a package from a layer, re-assign the pin--layout pad & add vias in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dz99

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to move a package from a layer, re-assign the pin--layout pad & add vias in ADS?

Hi all!

My problem is: how can I move a package (SOT363) from one layer to the other at ADS? It's urgent!

Thank you!
Z

Re: ADS questions

hi dz99!

it's very easy, just select the package you want in the layout window. then goto the menu "Edit->Move->Move to layer" and then in the popup window select te layer .

10_1161925679.JPG

dz99

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thank you Rancohen!

Hi All!

A have a new problem with ADS. How can I re-assign the pin--layout pad relations at the layout editor?

I am using ATF36163 pHEMT, which has no footprint under the ADS. So I've choosen one, the correct SOT363. But the ADS mismatched the pinout configuration. It doesn't match the pinout at the ATF's datasheets.

So, how can I reorder the pinout?
Thanks!
Z

ADS questions

change its value from Options.

dz99

Hello!

Is anybodey know how can I put a real Via to my layout? I mean real= via, which appears at the gerber file, via from wich the ADS can generate a hole, and a drill file too. (not just via for modelling).

I tryed MLVIAHOLE, VIA, VIAGND. After artwork generation ther were no holes. Maybe I do it wrong... Any idea?

Thank you!
Z

So, is there anybodey who have ever made a PCB layout with vias, under ADS?
If he managed the problem please tell me :(

Thank you!

hi dz99,

I'm usally using viastd.

as you can see the layers are defined using tree parameters:

the top layer (usally cond) the hole layer (usally hole) and the bottom layer (usally cond2).

54_1163843852.JPG

[/img]

dz99

Hi Rancohen!

I tried your advise, with VIASTD! It's unfortunately not works. :( I'm attached a screenshot of the gerber viewer, where my project stucks always with the present of vias/drills.

33_1163864375.jpg

So the two yellow dots are the VIASTDs, and to right there is the drill extractor's output window, with 0 drills! :( And because that the .drl files are missing also.

Any idea where I goes wrong?
Bye!
Zoltan

rancohen_2000 said:
hi dz99,

I'm usally using viastd.

as you can see the layers are defined using tree parameters:

the top layer (usally cond) the hole layer (usally hole) and the bottom layer (usally cond2).

ha, o.k.,

that is because you should add the drill to the apertures.

when you export gerber press on the "EDIT APRTURES" on the MTOOLS.

then press on the "Flash Circles/rectangles/polygones".

in the window that appear check the "Update Aprture" and press OK and then SAVE.

now make the usual translate.

if you have any problem go to the ADS help and search for the following:

Creating an Excellon Drill File from an ADS Layout

let me know if you have any problem...

dz99

May I seams silly, but your guide was leading me to nowhere...
I have read the help guide before, and it doesn't give me a correct solution. The 'stuck-at-point' is always the drill exactor....

But bro! I don't want to steal your time! So I stop now my endless asking. Thanks for your help , I have to go on my fight...etc,etc :)

Maybe the ADS support can help, I don't know...

But my "low" experienced-error soluter brain say: my problem is a tiny, nasty problem maybe. Nothing else but: one-day-long "just ads, trying" maybe solve my problem.

I wish you the best!
Zoltan

hi zoltan,

don't give up so fast...

can you send me your project and i will see what you mean.

i'm sure it's very easy...

Ran

dz99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back