Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to mount NTFS partition????

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkat3271

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ext2ntfs download

HEy,
I am using both Windows and Fedora... My windows partions are all NTFS.. How shall i mount all the drives and it should be mounted every time automatically, when i am booting Fedora... Is there any software for doing this.. PL help how to mount.. If software is available , pl give the link...

Thanks in advance..

Venkatesan.s

ntfs mounting software

**broken link removed**

access ntfs drives in rhel5

Hey,
PL.. let the software be freeware.... Mount everything is not a freeware... and has limited options for Demo version....... Whats is the command
v use for mounting NTFS drive in Fedora?????

how to mount ntfs partition in fedora

If Your kernel version of Fedora is 2.6x, it can support NTFS. otherwise you'd better to update kernel to 2.6x, and rebuild it. The 2.6x kernel is very easy to rebuild.

To mount NTFS, the command is the same with mounting ext3 drives. use as below:
mount /dev/hda0 /mnt/winC

If you want to mount NTFS automatically on booting, you can edit file /etc/fstab, add something like above command (but not the same, exactly).

venkat3271

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mount ntfs drive in fedora

Download ext2ntfs (don't remember the exactly name) is a library and is free, and then create a directory in /media and mount the partition : mount /dev/hda5 /media/directorycreated

Status
Not open for further replies.