Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to modify the netlist extracted by cadence cdl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cdl netlist

there are many ways to extract netlist from schematic in the cadence.

I used one among many way. it was cdl extraction method. extraction process is following figure.

Question : in Initialize Environment, Simulator Name is "Other : cdl".

When I want to modify some device or model name, what I have to modify to change device parameter?

symbol? cdl? or any other file?

thanks

cadence cdl

You can use CIW menu (Command Interpretator Window or main window that appeared after icfb command) File -> Export -> CDL
After that fill in a form.
To change model name you need to change CDF. Open component you want to change and for simulator -> CDL change model name as you want.

cdl netlist format

I think Fom's method is the official method for CDL netlist. Modify it directly in the CDL file as you want

cdl cadence

once u extract the netlist you can go to the file whether it has extracted and open it in vi mode or in nedit and edit and save

cadence cdl netlist

why use cdl netlist ? Good only for LVS... Model is for simulation, use cdsspice, spectreS, hspiceS, hspiceD for simulation...

why use cdl netlist

LVS also uses model name for components. Just to recognize different kind of transistors (5V from 3V for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back