Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to modify the C code of the AN718 to work for a PIC16F877

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnAA

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to run the source code of the AN718 on the MPLAB? This application note uses a PIC17C56A

This application note is available at:
**broken link removed**

I just copy the code that I found in the .txt file and paste in the MPLAB and click build but I got a message saying that: No valid installed HI-TECH compiler drivers

Also I would like to run this programe for my PIC16F877 but I dont know what changes I have to do.

I will appreciate it if anyone can help me.
Thank you very much

You need MPLAB C17 Compiler not Hi-Tech C. You can find C17 demo compiler here may be you might have seen it.

**broken link removed**

Thank you

PS: You also need PICSTARTPlus, PRO Mate or MPLAN PM3 for programming the device. For the code to run on PIC16F series you need to change configuration of device and may be some code part

Thank you very much for your help prmurthy.

Is it possible to send me the link for the 64bit version of the program as the one you send me is not compatible with my version?

After installing the C17 demo do I have to include any of the head files that are mentioned at the very beginning of the AN718 code or these files are included in the MPLAB libraries? If yes where i can find this files?

Thank you

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 21:23 ----------

Hi again,

I am going to use the PICDEM ICD2 for programming my PIC16F877? Will it be ok? I have all the hardware that I need. What I need to do now is to change the code of the AN718 in order to work for the PIC16F877. Do you know what kind of changes I need to make?

I will appreciate it if you advice me on that.
Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back