Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to modify DRC & LVS rule deck files

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranjal_ccna961

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
drc rule deck

Hi,

Can anyone tell me in detail How can I modify DRC & LVS rule deck files. Say if there is a false DRC Violation in layout, how to fix it in DRC Rule Deck?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Manu

lvs rule

In general it is better to not touch any DRC/LVS deck.
You can simply waive the error if you're really sure that it is a fake error.
The DRC/LVS deck are text files. They can be plain text or crypted. In the second case you do not have any chance to modify them unless you have the password.
Moreover, there are many tools which perform DRC/LVS, each one with his own syntax. You need to find the proper user manual and start from there.
What you can do in practice, is to open the deck and find the violated rule (it is easy, just find the rule code in the file). You can try to understand all the performed layer operations, so you can exactly know where is the problem.

drc deck

Hi,

Best way is refer user guide how to wrote DRC file. I had this kind of problem in LASI while i was learning, there is no error even if i am not layout poly extention from diffusion. Then i had change in rule file. May be from IC Mask Design Essential you will get exectly how tool perform DRC.

HTH
--
Shitansh Vaghela

lvs rule

Hi,

I hav a question...regarding

What actually the rule deck defines,Where will be the rule deck located?

lvs deck rule file

Hi,

Its really hard to explain here but for basic understanding you can read crystiofer saint.

--
Shitansh Vaghela

lvs tool

crystiofer saint?? is it name of an Author or book?
can u give me the correct title?

drc & lvs

krish_rams said:
What actually the rule deck defines
The DRC and LVS rules ;-)

krish_rams said:
Where will be the rule deck located?
Somewhere in your PDK (which we don't know).

how to modify rules

Hi Krish,

book title is IC mask design By Christopher Saint/Judy Saint

Below is link from where you can download it.

https://rapidlibrary.com/download_f....Mask.Design.Essential.Layout.Techniques+.rar

Read this from here you will get information how DRC and LVS tool works and which kind of information is written in those file not exactly but some how same way in any and all tools.

HTH,
--
Shitansh Vaghela

Reactions: R1kky

R1kky

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back