Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to mitigate body effect in BJT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronics_kumar

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to mitigate body effect in BJT ...normally by keeping low reverse voltage to collector base junction we can avoid it.. is there any other soultion in sight to mitigate it

Re: Body effect

I know about the body effect in MOS but really unaware in BJT.

vivek rajput said:
I know about the body effect in MOS but really unaware in BJT.
reducation in the depletion width of collector base junction for increase in collector base voltage -----BODY EFFECT.due to this, recombination centre will be reduced......there will be increase in current in collector ...leads to unexpected problems

i am aware about body effect in BJT but unaware about in FET..PLZ EXPLAIN IT

I think the BJT body effect you're talking about is called the Early effect, thats the increase in the collector current after saturation due to the widening of the collector-base junction causing the width of the base to increase.

The body effect in the FETs as I recall is the variation of the threshold voltage with the variation of the body (substrate) voltage. We get over this by simply connecting the source and the bulk together. This is different than the channel length modulation that occurs mainly in short channel devices due to variation of the effective channel length significantly at voltages > VDSsat which gives similar results as that of the Early effect in BJT

Status
Not open for further replies.