Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure the range in ie3d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmanick

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

how to determine the maximum distance of coverage of an antenna by using ie3d simulation tool?

bye from,

kbmani

Hi, kbmani:

Do you mean you want to specify some minimum field strength and use IE3D to predict how far a distance you can go with the minimum field strength? If yes, you can try to use the command Edit->Wave Propagation ... on PATTERNVIEW for it. It can predict the field strength if you provide a distance value.

Best regards,

sir,

thank u sir. i will check it tomorrow. if i give array pattern i can reduce my beamwidth? right?

sir, in ie3d 12. we need not to give the minimum three cells and rectanglization options to improve the accuracy. right? direct options are there in the window. am i right? it is really superb. it is enough to give only the AEC ratio.

with thanks,

kbmani

Hi, kbmani:

1. Yes. You can reduce beamwidth if you use array.
2. I am not sure your question on minimum 3 cells. Rectanglization is to improve the efficiency not accuracy.
3. Before ie3d 11, we ask users to provide AEC size. Some people did not pay attention to it and they may use too large or too small AEC size for some problems. We decided to prive AEC RATIO. It is easier to control.

Best regards,

Respected Sir,

i want to measure the distance of coverage with minimum field strength = 5 v/m. but it is asking so many parameters in the wave propagation window. which value to be consider? it gives ex ey ez etc...

sir, i asked u some suggestions to reduce beamwidth.

with thanks,
kbmani.

Hi, kbmanick:

The feature asks you for a range of x, y, z points and find the Ex, Ey, Ez or Etheta, Ephi for you. You can try to enter some x, y, z coordinates and chekc the values of Etheta and Ephi. You shouild be able to find the location with E-field about 5 v/m easily.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back