Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the period of a RC oscillator exactly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorata

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
measure statements .fsdb nanosim

hi,all
i am doing the simulation of a RC oscillator, in Nanosim . i want to know how i can measure the period of the clock output exactly in the turboWave . i have tried the TurboWave user manual ,but didn't get the answer .
thanks for your help !

If you are using hsim/nanosim, there is measurement statement. It's necessary to get more than 1000 period data and do statistic analysis to get mean period.

cscpoe can measure period
use it to open .fsdb file

yaxazaa said:
If you are using hsim/nanosim, there is measurement statement. It's necessary to get more than 1000 period data and do statistic analysis to get mean period.

thanks , but i want to measure the values of every period to get the variation of the oscillator output . any advice ?

Added after 3 minutes:

flushrat said:
cscpoe can measure period
use it to open .fsdb file

thanks a lot first, if i use hspice to do the simulation, csope can measure the every period's value . but my question is how to measure it in Nanosim . can you give some information about .fsdb file ?

evercad can do the job. you can refer the user manual. the only thing you need to do is to write a measure script and run it with the .fsdb file.

yaxazaa said:
evercad can do the job. you can refer the user manual. the only thing you need to do is to write a measure script and run it with the .fsdb file.

but i don't have the "evercad" . any possible to share the software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.