Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure the out psd by spectreRF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily1981216

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure psd

Hi,I'm designing a pa.I want to know the out psd of it and the bandwidth is 3G-10G.Would you like to tell me how to do that by spectreRF? Thanks!

It's simply "Power Spectrum" of the circuit.thats' it..
You can obtain it easily by doing PSS in cadence or HB in ADS...

Power spectrum?I have done that.But the spectrum is discrete!If I want to see more power values ,should I decrease the beat frequency and increase hamonics numbers symultaneously?Thanks!

Added after 14 minutes:

I wanted to reply to your post the day before yesterday,but I couldn't submit the postreply for some bugs.

You should increase the harmonic numbers of the main carrier and modulation frequency in the simulation to see all mathematical combination in the spectrum.
Or,
You can make a envelope simulation to see linear representation of the spectrum but it will be less accurate..

Hello

I faced the same problem as lily's. Does that work? Can you please share me with your experience?

Thanks

Re: how to measure psd

Hi,I'm designing a pa.I want to know the out psd of it and the bandwidth is 3G-10G.Would you like to tell me how to do that by spectreRF? Thanks!

Hi,

I don't know if you know how to plot the PSD using cadence?
I have encountered the same problem. The plot I got from the function "psdbb" is very different from the plot in the manual, after envelope simulation.

Do you have any suggestion or manual that I could refer to ?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
whlinfei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back