Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the Gm of an OTA in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnon

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody,

I want to know how to measure the Gm of an OTA in Cadence. How do I measure the Transconductance ?

In theory,when you are making an AC analysis such as Gm, you can short the output and measure the current. But shorting the output of an OTA in Cadence will distort the DC biasing.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Best Regards,

OTA TestBench

Maybe you can do DC analysis in Candence , and you can view the parameter, So can calculate your Gm of OTA.

OTA TestBench

Configure the negative loop back with large R~1GOhm and C~1F (as low pass filter) for offset voltage compensation. Insert ac voltage source Vin with DC bias in series with positive input of OTA. Do AC analysis. Gm=Iout/Vin, where Iout u can measure at the output of OTA.
Good luck

Re: OTA TestBench

can anyone provide me a OTA circuit schematic. i wanna simulate it in candence....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back