Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the 2.4GHz differential port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuhohang

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
Anyone have experience use the network analyzer to measure the 2.4GHz differential port impedance? Could you share you experience with us?
Best regards
yuhohang

Port 1 of network analyzer to one side and port 2 to the other. Take the S-PARAMETERS. You can mathematically combine then if so inclined but I am lazy. I just put them in a data blcok in @DS, add a termination that is not grounded and there is the S-parameter of the differential port.

??

does not make sense to me. A little weird...

It really.

Hi toonafishy,

do you mean that you put a s parameter port between the Port1 node and Port2 node. And the ground node is still connected to ground. Right?

Sounds Bluetoothy to me!

Yes, you connect the ground of the network analyzer test cables to the ground on your test board. The center conductor of port 1 cable goes to one side of the differential circuit. The center conductor of port 2 cable goes to the other side of the differential circuit. I use this method all the time to match differential output of a mixer into a differential SAW IF filter. I take the "single ended" S-parameter measurements, convert them to differential in @//D//S, then do the matching in the simulator, then solder the matching components down on the board. I can't think of any easier way to do this.

you may find this article helpful

See R/F D/e/s/i/g/n M/a/g/a/z/i/n/e Jan 1999 page 24.

also:

h**p://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-5635EN.pdf

Anyone can post the page 24 of RF Design Magazine at Jan 1999?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back