Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure scattering of light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARENDRA1234

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiii friends..we are making sugar juice clarity meter i.e.a ckt which detects turbidity of a sugar juice and displays it on LCD.
The principle we are using is scattering of light when it passes through the sugar juice..thiis scattering is propotional to turbidity of a solution..my doubt is how to measure scattering of light?which photo diode and photo detector should we use for this?

REGARDING BE PROJECT

i think you should select the photo diode depending upon the rating you want.For example if the light used to measure the scattering is intense and you want to measure the minute variations in it after it passes through the juice then you should buy a very high sensitive photo diode.It all depends on how much sensitive you want your detector to be.Then a Google search for the required device should be enough.

--vipin
https://vhdlguru.blogspot.com/

Re: REGARDING BE PROJECT

thanks for ur suggestion ..we have selected some photo diodes and photo transistors..but our guide said we should use photo diode and photo transistor pair..do u suggest anything like this?which pair we should use?we are going to sense change in intensity of light..

I read some where that photo diodes are faster while photo transistors can detect more accurate changes in light intensity. may be your guide want to have both the qualities for your circuit.
Just see this link, may be helpful:
**broken link removed**

I dont know exactly which model you have to buy. But what I can suggest is buy a basic photo diode from the nearby shop and try out in the project. See if it is able to detect the light properly.Otherwise you can go for costlier diodes.
Infrared LED & Phototransistor Pair 5mm [3007] : Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development
What Is A Phototransistor | Products & Suppliers On GlobalSpec

thanks man ..its helpful..we have selected photo diode and photo transistor..now before starting to build the circuit..we want to design LDO power supply about 5 to 10 V..how to design it?which IC should we lokk for?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back