Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure S2P of the antenna using network analyzer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, All,

I want to ask if we can measure and export the S2p file of antenna by using the network analyzer.

I know somebody can do it. But I don't know how they set up the test bench.

Because the antenna only has one port, to measure the S2P, I think we have to regard the antenna as two-port device. Therefore I guess maybe when we start to measure the antenna, first we use a single end to differential transformation, like the 180degree hybrid coupler, then the one port antenna has two port. Then we can measure the antenna using network analyzer.

The description above is only my assumption, I do not really know the correct steps. If anybody know how to do it, would you please give me some comments?

Thank you very much!

Jack

Re: How to measure S2P of the antenna using network analyzer

051021031 said:
Hello, All,

I want to ask if we can measure and export the S2p file of antenna by using the network analyzer.

I know somebody can do it. But I don't know how they set up the test bench.

Because the antenna only has one port, to measure the S2P, I think we have to regard the antenna as two-port device. Therefore I guess maybe when we start to measure the antenna, first we use a single end to differential transformation, like the 180degree hybrid coupler, then the one port antenna has two port. Then we can measure the antenna using network analyzer.

The description above is only my assumption, I do not really know the correct steps. If anybody know how to do it, would you please give me some comments?

Thank you very much!

Jack

Hi,
To measure S2P we need two port device.
port-1 should be transmited power nad port-2 should be received power.
NOW...

You feed Anteena at one end and recive at other end than u can measure S2p .

Did I answer ur question...

Thank you for your reply, Tomhive.

Is it possible to measure the S2P file of only one antenna?

Because in HFSS, if we use multi-port to excite the antenna, then we can get the SNP file. Also I think we can use the same scheme to get the S2P file of a single antenna.

Can you give me some comments?

Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back