Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure Rout & Rin using Cadence Analog Design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richloo

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
input resistance measure breadboard

Hi, i am new to cadence software. Can anyone tell me the step to measure input resistance and output resistance of a circuit? Thanks in advance!

analog design using cadence

Using calculator. Divide VS/IS for DC analysis, VF/IF for AC analysis, VT/IT for transient analysis. Then plot it.

measuring output impedance in cadence

richloo said:
Hi, i am new to cadence software. Can anyone tell me the step to measure input resistance and output resistance of a circuit? Thanks in advance!

There is no point in discussing input/ouput resistance (better term would be impedance) in DC. So it is AC.

I am not so familiar with what Cadence you are reffering but if you are using OrCAD you can absolutely you can make input/output admitance/impedance vs. frequency.

Please add more info and I guide how. Would be a lot easier in Ansoft Designer or ADS but yes! you can in Cadence OrCAD.

What version?

cadence + input + output impedance

In any of the case of what Cadence Product you have here is how you guys can do in cadence OrCAD.

Menu "Spice"
See pictures. Simulation must be AC sweep.

how to measure the output impedance orcad

for example; i want to measure the output impedence of bias current source which is made of NMOS, what can i do?

measuring input impedance in orcad

As the case i wan to measure i/p and o/p impedance of an amplifier... how can i do that? i mean in Cadence IC50. Or else i have to goto result browser to find the rout for each transistor and write out all the nodal equation... any other fast method?

plot output impedance cadence

I do not know in Cadence IC50. I have never used this product. Sorry guys.

What I said for the above is for OrCAD.

I can tell you in also in A g i l e n t A DS and Ansoft Designer.

measure input impedance cadence

Hi,

(1). DC Rin and Rout: as what is said in the textbook, using a test voltage source to get the DC current, then R=V/I...

(2). Small signal Zin and Zout: just perform the S-Parameter simulation, no matter the simulator is Cadence or ADS.

Hope this helps.

Ruri

Reactions: himansg

richloo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

himansg

measure input resistance

Fom said:
Using calculator. Divide VS/IS for DC analysis, VF/IF for AC analysis, VT/IT for transient analysis. Then plot it.

Also from the calculator u can draw the real and imaginary parts, each in a separate curve

richloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back