Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure LNA noise figure using spectrum analysizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liletian

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
Is there a way to measure the noise figure using spectrum analysizer?
Thanks,

There are quite a few methods can be used to measure NF- you can find some of the materials from different sites. However, to measure NF using SA, you would require noise source, I am attaching a document from Anritsu, please note: the goal of this note is to get an idea about the NF measurements.

I hope, this helps

Attachments

• 11410-00210.pdf
    556.2 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: EnricF

EnricF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For some spectrum analysizers (like Agilent's), to measure NF you need a noise source with the firmware option which supports Y-factor method. There is another solution called "gain method", but it's not suitable for low NF component use. You can google it to find the details.

There are quite a few methods can be used to measure NF- you can find some of the materials from different sites. However, to measure NF using SA, you would require noise source, I am attaching a document from Anritsu, please note: the goal of this note is to get an idea about the NF measurements.

I hope, this helps
thanks a lot, guys
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back